Non-Return / Theft Policy
Walk In Robe App will enforce to protect the Renter of their items through an insurance policy provided by Chubb Insurance. At the discretion of the Renter, who will have the ability to opt in to insurance for each item listed. Renters will be compensated for 50% of the Recommended Retail Price (RRP) entered by the Renter at time of item listing. They will also receive the full amount of the rental period deducted from that particular rental for which the item was not returned or stolen by the Rentee. The Non-Return / Theft Policy applies to a rented item not being returned to the Renter a minimum 3 days after the rental period was completed, the Renter has made a claim with Walk In Robe App within the 3 days after the rental period was completed, the Rentee has not responded to any messages with regards to the item return. Walk In Robe App after investigation, has the right to reject a claim if there is any suspicion of colluding between the Renter and Rentee or there is clear evidence of theft with knowledge by Renter and/or Rentee.
Damaged Item Policy
Walk In Robe App will enforce to protect the Renter of their items if they are returned damaged and/or needing repairs to get the item back to its original state to which it was given to the Rentee. If the item is unrepairable, then the Renter makes a claim under the Non-Return / Theft Policy where 50% of RRP for the item would be paid out if insurance had been opted for. Damage for the purposes of this policy mean anything that makes the item unwearable, unusable, dysfunctional or any other physical damage that gives the item a different look and feel to how it was offered to the Rentee. Once a claim has been filed by the Renter a quote will be requested by Walk In Robe App for the repair value and if the claim is successful the amount of the repair will be deducted from the Rentees credit card stored on their account. If we are unable to charge the credit card on file or otherwise collect payment from the Rentee, you agree to remit payment for the repairs to the applicable Renter or to Walk In Robe App (if applicable). Unpaid invoices will be passed on to a debt-collection service with collection costs recoverable.
Late Return Policy
All users must comply with a standardised Late Return Policy that Walk In Robe App will enforce to protect both Renter and Rentee alike. Walk In Robe App relies on both Renters and Rentees exchanging items in a timely manner. Renters will be compensated by the Rentee if items are returned late. If items are returned late an additional 4 day rental period will be charged for each 4 day period the item is not returned even if the original rental period was 8 days. Rentees agree to this policy every time they request an item booking. Late fees will be capped at 4 x 4 day rental periods to be deducted at the end of every 4 days.
Walk In Robe App also reserves the right to charge the credit card on file in your Walk In Robe App Account, or otherwise collect payment from you and pursue any avenues available to Walk In Robe App in this regard, in situations in which you have been determined, in Walk In Robe App’s sole discretion, to have returned items late or the 4 day rental timer has expired. If we are unable to charge the credit card on file or otherwise collect payment from you, you agree to remit payment for the additional hire period to the applicable Renter or to Walk In Robe App (if applicable). Unpaid invoices will be passed on to a debt-collection service with collection costs recoverable.
Try On Service Policy
Upon exchanging the item and both parties have accepted exchange on the app, a two hour timer will start. During this time, the Rentee can try on the item and if it doesn’t fit then they may return the item to the Renter. It must be returned within the two hour timeframe otherwise the rental period selected will start and money will be deducted. A location to try on the item must be considered to ensure the item can be returned within the two hour timeframe as Walk In Robe App does not take any responsibility for not returning the item.
To ensure the time period begins even if one of the users does not click exchanged on the app, once one of the users does after a 10 minute period the timer begins automatically.
Rentee Refund Policy
Items on Walk In Robe App should be consistent with the description provided by the Renter. If a Rentee who rents and pays for an item and then experiences ‘Renting Dissatisfaction’, the Rentee may be eligible for a refund in accordance with this Rentee Refund Policy.
Walk In Robe App may (at our discretion) provide the Rentee with either a full or partial refund of the rental price.
Valid ‘Renting Dissatisfaction‘ generally fall under these reasons:
- The Renter cancels a reservation 24 hours or less before the scheduled exchange of the Item, or fails to provide the Rentee with the Item.
- The description of the Item in the Listing on Walk In Robe App is materially different from the actual Item Walk In Robe App reminds Rentees that Items are potentially pre-worn and are not rented on an as-new basis. Some minor wear and tear may not be listed in the description but cannot be used as a basis to provide a refund under this policy.
- At the start of the Rentees rental, the Item: (i) has not been dry cleaned or in a sanitary state for wear (ii) contains safety or health hazards that would be reasonably expected to adversely affect the Rentees use of the Item in Walk In Robe App’s judgment.
To submit a valid claim for a refund, a Rentee is required (a) to follow the prompts on the app for a claim within a ‘reasonable’ timeframe after exchange of the item (including photographs or other evidence) and respond to our requests for information or cooperation, (b) not have directly or indirectly caused the Renting Dissatisfaction and (c) to have used reasonable efforts to try to remedy the circumstances of the Renting Dissatisfaction with the Renter prior to making a claim through the direct message service provided on the app.
Renters and Rentees are protected from this Cancellation Policy at all times while using the Walk In Robe App platform.
Renter (person renting and selling their items out to other users)
If a Renter cancels a rental within 24 hours of the rental start date a full refund is given plus a Strike will be applied to the Renters account. All amounts paid by the Rentee to the Renter will be refunded to the Rentee in full including all Walk In Robe App administration fees.
If the Renter cancels a minimum of 24 hours or more prior to the rental start date a full refund is provided but no Strike is applied to the Renters account.
Rentee (person renting or buying items from other users)
If a Rentee cancels a rental a minimum of 24 hours or more prior to the rental start date only the Walk In Robe App service fee is deducted from the Rentee plus a $20 cancellation fee.
If a Rentee cancels a rental within 24 hours of the rental start date then the full rental price is deducted and paid to the Renter as the opportunity to rent this item out during that period has now been lost. Only under extreme circumstances will Walk In Robe App accept a reason to not penalise the Rentee for the full rental amount. This is to be determined through a claims process where the Rentee contacts Walk In Robe App and makes a request. Evidence will be requested and the Rentee must provide to be given a fair investigation for all.
Strike and Account Closure Policy
All users of the Walk In Robe App must be courteous towards one another as this is a peer to peer platform which relies on honesty between users.
At times, there will be some situations where this courtesy is not honoured by our users and here are the circumstances under which a Renter or Rentee can receive a Strike. While we have a three strikes and account is automatically closed policy, Walk In Robe App has the discretion to close a user account effective immediately, if there has been such thing as a:
- physical, verbal or written threats to another user or Walk In Robe App staff
- a clear attempt to collude with another user in an attempt to gain monetary advantage through a claims process of an item being damaged, not dry cleaned, stolen, not returned or any other reason deemed advantageous to the users
- any other misdemeanour deemed unsuitable or not within Walk In Robe App’s ethics
Please note: Any serious matters may be referred to Police for further investigation
Strikes are given for the following reasons and could lead to the closure of Renter or Rentee accounts effective immediately. Generally, one Strike is given but Walk In Robe App at any time may apply multiple Strikes or the immediate closure of an account under Walk In Robe App discretion:
- multiple occasions of misled item description and information
- multiple indiscretions on exchange of item eg: lateness in delivery
- your rating goes below 4.2 out of 5 stars
- any misdemeanour deemed unsuitable by Walk In Robe App management as part of your listing and/or renting of an item
By posting content on Walk In Robe App, you agree to abide by these guidelines and other Walk In Robe App policies. We reserve the right to remove content, in whole or part, that violates these guidelines or Walk In Robe App’s Terms of Service or for any other reason at our sole discretion.
In the event of repeated or severe violations, we may suspend or permanently close the account(s) in question. Our determination on whether any specific content is prohibited will be final and conclusive.
You can contact us to report content that violates our Terms of Service or Content Guidelines or if you find any content offensive including images.
Item Listings and Profiles
We expect Renters to create listings that are honest, clear, and helpful to potential Rentees as this will only benefit your rental or selling potential. We prohibit:
- Advertising or other commercial content
- Content that endorses or promotes illegal or harmful activity or violence, or is profane, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, threatening or discriminatory
- Political, religious or social commentary
- Attempts to impersonate another person
- Content that is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive
- Content that refers to an investigation being undertaken by Walk In Robe App
- Content that violates another person or entity’s rights, including intellectual property rights and privacy rights
- False names, addresses, date of birth, email address, any other personal information.
Reviews and Feedback
Genuine and honest reviews and feedback are the cornerstone of our Walk In Robe App community. We prohibit:
- Reviews that do not represent users’ personal experience
- Reviews unrelated to the actual rental or purchase (political, religious, or social commentary)
- Content that endorses or promotes illegal or harmful activity or violence, or is profane, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, threatening, or discriminatory.
- Content that violates another person or entity’s rights, including intellectual property rights and privacy rights (publishing another person’s full name, address or other identifying information without permission)
- Content that is proven to be used as extortion
- Content that refers to an investigation being undertaken by Walk In Robe App.
We will provide a full investigation into any review or feedback that is potentially incorrect or mis demeaning towards another user.
Any photos that are posted on the Walk In Robe App to promote the rental and/or sale of their item is the full responsibility of the user posting the photo or video. We will not be held accountable for any distasteful photos that are posted to your profile or under an item listing. Photos can be reported by other users therefore, it’s in the users’ best interest to ensure all photos are not of distasteful nature. We will investigate and potentially take down any photo that:
- Attempts to make a political, social or religious statement
- Is recognised as nudity or pornography
- Is threatening, discriminatory, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, profane, violent or showing harmful activity
- Does not follow Walk In Robe App’s suggested photo guidelines on how to take the best photo. We do this because we want our App to uphold a professional, true and vibrant look throughout
- Is somebody else in the photo other than the person listing the item that has not approved the photo being used. (original model shots from a website that allows the copy and paste of their photos is allowed)
At the time of listing your items, Walk In Robe App have come up with some Hints and Tips on how to take the right photos. We expect people to follow these guidelines. If not, we are under our discretion able to request the photo be taken down or take it down. Other users may report and request an investigation into any photo they deem to be offensive.